50 Personal Questions Tag

Hey there!

A short update:



This photo is hideous, but it makes me laugh so..tada!

I have a ton of photos to post, but I think I'll save it for a later post. This week has been stressful af, we had three assignments and two presentations due this week (2/3, 1/2 done). And it's been so hard to focus on everything.

For the past few weeks, I keep finding myself crying involuntarily because everything has just been overwhelming. I didn't cry much this week, but I kinda wish I could, cause it helps with relieving the stress I'm feeling. HAHA.

I've been forcing myself to think positive and try my best to be happy, and it helped with making this week more bearable. I cannot wait for the holidays to start. I need a break from everything.

Speaking of breaks, I took a break from Whatsapp and it's been so liberating. I wanted to take a break from Facebook but all my class module updates are there, as well as a group chat for my Media Law assignment :( I got so distracted because every time I commented on a photo or posted one, my sakai friends would comment and it'll be a thread up to more than 60+ comments. I love you guys, but you damn siao sial :P

We had to grade our friends' presentations today. Shern was pretty critical with his marking, Nay was a lot nicer but still gave accurate feedback, mine wasn't very critical at all. Even though I wrote my observation (which wasn't always nice) in the remarks, the marks I gave were pretty high...compared to Shern's anyway. HAHA. He asked me to film his presentation so I did. Unfortunately for him, he gave me his phone too early, so I spammed it with photos of myself, Nay, him and Levy :3

I got on the bus late today, with Nicky, Prahveen, Nelly and Wern Ni, so we had to stand. Passed by JJ and Hasanal, and I was the first to notice so I pointed them out to everyone and we waved at them. I think we were the noisiest on the bus. We were discussing our presentations, assignments and plans for the holidays. Also making fun of Prahveen for watching OlaBola four times, and suggested he joined us for his fifth time watching it.

I'm looking forward to seeing my high school friends this weekend :)
___________________________________________________________

I was supposed to post this one LAST semester, HAHA. 

Here's a compilation of tags that I've come across. I think I may have done some before (years ago) but things have changed, so here we go again :)

Info: I changed the color to purple because it's harder to read when it's grey :(



Personal Questions (Tag)


1. Do you have a middle name?

- Well, I'm Chinese so my middle name is actually just my Chinese name: Wern Lyn :)

2. What was your favorite subject in school?

- In high school: English and ICT. I love writing essays and doing computer related assignments.


3. What is your favorite drink(s)? 

- Chinese tea, Milo Ais, Iced lemon/peach tea, orange/apple juice. 

4. Favorite song at the moment?

"A Little Happiness" by Hebe Tien (or A Little Bit Of Fortune) from the movie, Our Times soundtrack and "Meant To Be" by Christine Fan and Fish Leong. Yeap, both Chinese songs :3

5. What would you name your children?

- I have no idea..I don't even know if I want kids (.-.) 

6. Do you participate in any sport?

- At the moment, noooo. Although I want to play tennis and badminton, I just don't have the time to do it :( 

7. Favorite color? 

- Black. And turquoise :3 

8. Favorite animal?

- CATS. . that's pretty obvious but yeahh. I like dogs but they're so damn licky all the time, it tickles :(

9. Favorite perfume?

- Wonderstruck Enchanted, because it smells like berries and vanilla. Ohh, also a limited edition perfume from Silkygirl and another from Essence which smells amazing. 

10. Favorite holiday?
- A place with a sandy beach and water activities..and amazing food of course. Basically, Penang? HAHA. I really want to go on a road trip.

11. Have you graduated high school?
- Yes, two years ago. I really miss my friends, I don't get to see them as often anymore.

12. Do you have any siblings?
- Yeah, two brothers. Although I'm the middle child, they treat me like I'm an annoying younger sister. Probably because I am annoying.

13. What's your favorite store? 
- H&M, Cotton On, Terra Nova, online blogshops (if that counts) ... actually any store with reasonably priced clothing and accessories.

14. Did you like school?
- Overall? Yes. I hated subjects that I studied and the strict environment. But when I look back, what I remember most about my high school days, is doing ridiculous things with my friends, teasing and joking around in class, the tearful goodbyes that was said to my teachers, friends, schoolmates and the memories which didn't seem as important at that time, but which I still think of fondly. 

15. Favorite Youtubers?
Comedy: Ryan Higa, Wong Fu Productions, Lilly Singh

Malaysian: Charisow, TheMingThing, Jinnyboytv, Daiyan Trisha

Music: Hillsong United/Worship, Ray Mak (Piano), Dan Lee (Piano), Osyterlovers (Piano), Arden Cho, David Choi, Francesco Parrino (Piano), Hannah Trigwell, Jasmine Thompson, Jayesslee, Kina Grannis, LilTranscriber (Piano), Pianistmiri (Piano), Neutful (Piano), Terry Chen (Piano), ThePianoGuys

Beauty: Kayley Melissa, Frmheadtotoe, Emily Quak, Klairedelys, FashionByAlly, Jackie Wyers, LaDollyVita33, MakeupWearableHairstyles, Missy Sue, Reviewsbyjamie, TheMakeupChair, Xteeener

16. Favorite TV shows?
- For now, I love watching Kitchen Nightmares, Rizzoli and Isles, Arrow, The Flash. (I don't really watch TV these days)

17. PC or MAC?
- I like Windows 10's interface so I'm going with PC. MAC's graphics are amazing though, I'm just not a fan of the layout.

18. Android or Apple?
- I have an iPod Touch 5th Generation and an Xiaomi phone. I use my phone for virtually everything (social media, photos, games, reading) but I use my iPod for music and more photos :) I'd go with both, but for different purposes. 

19. What phone do you have?
- I have a Xiaomi Mi 4i :) 

20. How tall are you? 
- It's been more than a year since I've measured my height. It's roughly 174 cm (or 5'8") if I recall correctly. 

21. Are you dating?
- Macam yes, tapi saya masih tak pasti.

22. Honestly, are things going the way you planned? 
- More or less, yeah. I'm in university, and I love it even though it can be stressful at times. I feel like this year (2016) was pretty awful overall, but there were good things happening as well. I'm still optimistic that things will get better. I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that things won't always work out the way I want them to, and I have to learn to accept it.

23. Do you miss anyone right now? 
- Yeah, I do.

24. If you could go back in time, what advice would you give your younger self? 

- Some people are only meant to be in a particular chapter of your life, don't try to hold on to them forever. 

- You can't be friends with everyone, sometimes there's just no compatibility. 

- Make peace with the past and the people who've hurt you. Life is too short to hold on to your grudges and the unresolved conflicts is only going to bite you in the ass in the future. 

- Hold on to your faith, it will be shaken. You're going to doubt yourself and your choice to be a Christian but remember the times when God was there for you when you didn't have anyone else. 

- Umm... don't screw up your friendship with him by falling in love with him. But he screwed up by falling in love with you too, so it's partially his fault. HAHA.  

- Love isn't when someone gives you everything you ask for, says things that he thinks will make you happy even though he doesn't mean it and tries to be the perfect person for you. It's when he loves you for who you are (imperfections and all). teases you about the silly things you do, makes you feel comfortable being yourself around him and isn't afraid to be who he is around you. It's the sense of knowing something feels absolutely right. Even when you argue about the dumbest things or when he pisses you off , you know you'll still love him at the end of the day even if you want to throw saucepans at him. 

25. Any piercings or tattoos?
- I have five ear piercings (4 lobe, 1 helix) and I'm planning to get a double helix on my left ear soon. No tattoos...yet. (I freaking love Levy's and Rina's tattoos)

26. Meaning behind your blog's name?
- I'm Maine Lyn and this is my journal? :) Honestly, I simplified it so I know I won't get bored of it in the future like I did with my old blog. 

- My old blog was Banana Chocolate Maine. Why? Because I was/am a banana, I like chocolate and my name is Maine XD.

27. The relationship between you and the last person you texted?
- Close friends. We shit talk each other a lot and we often have brutally honest conversations where we discuss each other's flaws and stuff, then give each other advice about it. He's one of the guy friends I'm close to, but I'll never date because I don't see him that way at all.

28. Do you have a crush on anyone right now? 
- Not really. Given my track record with crushes and relationships, it's not a good idea to crush on anyone until I get myself sorted out (.___.) But there are so many cute guys around .. HAHA. I joke I joke, but seriously. I just want to focus on my friendships for now before even thinking about starting another relationship.  

(^ that was written 3-4 months ago..HAHA. Things has changed since then..but my answer is still no. A crush is something which doesn't last, and I don't want that)

29. Think of the last person who hurt you, do you forgive him/her?
- I wouldn't say I'm completely over it and it still bothers me at times, but I'm slowly getting over it.

30. What's something you really want right now? 
- A hug. A very long hug. 

- To laugh and not worry about crap I'm worrying about now :(

31. Are you afraid to fall in love?
- Yes, because I'm not emotionally prepared to fall in love and I'll probably end up hurting him or getting hurt. I'm not sure it's a good thing that I can't control when and whether it happens.

32. What's the background on your phone?
- Galaxy themed image for my wallpaper and lock screen. I don't use personal photos because it looks messy to me.

My iPod lock screen.

33. What hurts most: emotional or physical pain?
- Emotional pain for sure. I get numb and detach completely from my body when I experience physical pain. When my feelings get hurt, or my heart gets broken, it takes a long time before I get over it. 

34. Would you consider getting back with any of your exes? 
- Nope. 

35. What's on your mind?
- How much I miss my friends from here and there.
- Worrying about a group assignment and a presentation due on Friday.
- Trying to figure out how to start on my debate research.

36. Do you have a friend of the opposite sex you can talk to?
- Yeah, I'm fortunate enough to have a few of them :) Some I ask for personal advice, some to talk about all sorts of nonsense and share weird stories. 

....Which reminds me I haven't replied to Sam for almost a month. HAHAHA. SORRY. 
I have a habit of sending really long messages and getting lazy to reply to people after they've replied to the shit ton of nonsense I sent.

37. Do you think anyone has feelings for you? 
-  Yes. But I'm still not sure if he really does, because I'm insecure af. HAHAHA. 

38. What do your friends call you?
- Maine, mostly. 
Primary school, I was stuck with Charmander and Giraffe. 
When I was 13-15, it was Banana. 
16-17, Pegasus, pandacoon, clumsy ninja, cat lady. There's more but I can't recall them all. 
I was called a hobbit once, but the guy who called me that is a freaking skyscraper -.- 
so I'm pretty sure it doesn't count. 
Most recently? I got called "Sakai", "Auntie Maine" (Don't even ask..), "Meow" (I do that to people a lot, so they did it back to me ._.)

....My friends are weird. And they call me the weird one, pssh.

39. Have you cried over a text?
- Oh YESSSS. "I miss you" messages always stab me right in the heart. I always make fun of cheesy messages when I get them, but it actually means a lot to me.

40. Do you have a favorite pair of shoes?
- Combat boots. It's funny because as long as I can remember, people always ask me why I'm not wearing my boots when I wear sport shoes instead.

41. Top 3 Web Pages?
- Youtube, Reddit, Tumblr.

42. How is your hair like? 
-  I have medium length hair with a side part and bangs (which grows way too fast for my liking) It's half light brown and half faded purple (kinda red now, bleh)

43. This time, last year can you remember who you liked?
- I didn't like anyone then.

44. How old will you be in 5 months? 
- 19...still.

45. Why aren't you with the person you were first in love with or almost in love?
- Because he's a donkeybutt. HAHA. okay I lied. 

46. Are you friends with the people you were friends with two years ago?
- Yeap, most of them. I've lost contact with some, but it's not like we've had a falling out. We occasionally chat and plan meetups.

47. How many people have you liked in the last three months?
- Wait, do you mean romantically? If so, noneeeeee. And I'm lying through my teeth, HAHA JUST KIDDING. One.

48. What is something you wish you had more of? 
- Money. Haihhh. Waiting for the day I can be financially independent.
- TIME. I'm running out of it.

49. Do you get along with girls? 
- Yes, I usually do. Unless we have incompatible personalities or if she doesn't like me, I get along with the girls I know just fine :) 

50. Are you keeping a secret from someone who deserves to know the truth?
- Yes. I'm sorry, I'm afraid to tell him/her about it cause it makes me feel vulnerable.

Well, so there's that! 

Till next time.


Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Maine Lyn. Chinese Malaysian. Aspiring writer, photographer and videographer.